Search One Striped Sock

Thursday, May 13, 2010

cozy toes

Never mind all those fancy expensive cycling shoe covers. It's nice to have toasty toes in the rain, but not nice to pay $50. The water-proof material and velcro I used (of which I had plenty left over) cost me less than $15, and I had the elastic laying around. Money savings aside, it was worth the trouble just to have some shoe covers that are pink (!) and purple (!) instead of black. Who says rainy day biking can't be a stylish endeavor?




















The bottoms cinch with elastic but are left open to accommodate the clip on the bottom of the shoe.













I made the pattern by draping fabric around my shoe, marking and cutting. The opening is in the back and there is a channel sewn around the outside edge where the elastic can be shimmied in using the old safety pin trick!








Fits like a...shoe glove.














An extra piece of velcro at the top to adjust the ankle and prevent water from dripping in (and to add an extra splash of pink!).

1 comment:

  1. I like them! - if dinosaurs had shoe covers, they would have these. And I mean that in a good way.

    ReplyDelete